Ka Huna Bodywork
What is Hawaiian Massage?
Ka Huna bodywork originated in the South Pacific and was used during Rites of Passage or Initiation Process as a transformational massage and healing system. It is also known as a Hawaiian Temple Massage and Lomi Lomi.
This type of bodywork provides a holistic approach to healing by balancing the body-mind in its physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions. Usually it will be practices with oil on a heated massage table, or if preferred fully clothed on the floor using bone and joint release techniques and the knowledge of the Polynesian floor massage. Either way – stepping towards the body is always an honouring, a bowing to your greatness and magic that lays within you.
Ka Huna bodywork is unique in a number of respects. We use our hands, forearms and elbows and move around the massage table using flowing Hula and Tai Chi style movements. We work with energy to apply soft and deep tissue massage. Breath and sounds initiate a communication with the body, mind & soul and create a space within and beyond the boundary of the body where healing can happen.
Who can receive Ka Huna Bodywork?
Everybody, regardless of body shape, age or state of health can receive Ka Huna bodywork. Especially beneficial during Rites of Passage and to assist with/during trauma.
Whether you’re feeling stressed, lacking energy, out of kilter, or pain, Ka Huna bodywork offers excellent treatment. People suffering from depression, exhaustion, physical discomfort and injuries, confusion, grief or loss may also benefit from this massage ritual. It can also assist if you’re dealing with ongoing illness, managing chronic pain, work and relationship issues.
Every time you have a Ka Huna ritual you might experience something different. Sometimes its physical healing and relaxation, sometimes journeying deep and unlocking emotions, crying, laughing or toning to shift stuck energies. You might see colours, experience energy shifts, release and detox past memories, connect to your soul more and receive spiritual healing. Allow yourself to enjoy and be nurtured by touch.
Ka Huna Bodywork Benefits
- Instils a calming sense of peace and deep relaxation
- Releasing deep-seated neuromuscular tension and allows energy to flow more freely
- Treats the lymphatic, immune, circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems to promote improved health and fitness
- Physical re-energising and rejuvenating
- Improves flexibility
- Helps release fear, anger, grief and guilt as well as negative beliefs, self-criticism and traumatic memories
- Brings clarity and confidence, joy, open-heartedness and trust
- Offers opportunity for self-awareness, self-acceptance and self-love
- Generates an overall sense of well-being, vitality and empowerment
- More love of life
- More happiness
- More balance & peace